An experienced consultant, with a variety of interests covering Cost Reduction, Process Improvement, Change Management, Project & Programme Management. Over 27 years of commercial experience in a variety of roles in Consultancy, Retail, Media & Publishing and Distribution & Logistics.
I have a strong track record of delivering strategic change into organisations together with an extensive list of achievements. An MBA graduate from Henley, my extensive knowledge of systems, processes and organisational design has produced significant achievements.
Over the years, my work has won many awards including the prestigious European Retail Technology Award in 2007 and the BT Award for Innovation & Creativity in 1997.
I undertake assignments in:
Purchasing and Procurement
Programme & Project Management
Systems and Processes
* Develops organization / functional capability around core competencies & strengths of individuals.
* Delivered > $5 Million annual savings via Regional sourcing and negotiations at Weir (production & Indirect categories).
* Led team generating ~ $50 Million Value & ensuring Compliance at BP from strategic management & Contracting of high-consequence / high-risk Logistics activities (2011-2013).
* Drove > $70 Million Value Creation (28%) from Sourcing & Contracting efforts for Chevron corporate, alternative energy & Midstream groups, with preferred supplier programs (2010).
* Led > $217 Million Value Creation & Compliance via Chevron Cost Management Initiative across all Latin America locations & spend Categories (4th Qtr 2008 – 2009).
* Achieved > $52 Million Value Creation from Strategic Sourcing and Contracting initiatives in Global Logistics, Facilities & Catering for Chevron (2007 – 3rd Qtr 2008).
* Attained >$5 Million savings for ConocoPhillips, negotiating global supply & support agreements with market-dominant manufacturers (GE, Caterpillar), systems integrators & service providers.
* Saved ~ $1 Million with price cuts, obsolete inventory reduction & transfer of active inventory via integrated supplier program for >5,000 parts/SKUs at Dallas Airmotive.
* Generated 1st-year savings > $10 Million (20%), resulting in > $1 Million revenues for Aeroxchange with cooperative strategic sourcing initiatives.
* Earned Purchasing Magazine’s Medal of Professional Excellence with American Airlines’ team that pioneered unique supplier improvement & commodity management program.
* Saved > $3.5 Million for American Airlines, implementing an integrated supply and support program with a sole-source equipment manufacturer & an integrated hardware supplier.
* Reduced costs >20%, delivery times ~ 90% and the supplier base ~80% for > $25 Million in annual equipment & services’ purchases at PEMEX.
* Guided I.T.S. supply to achieve a 75% productivity gain in 6 months.
Specialties: Strategic planning, Cost management / Value creation, Category management, Strategic sourcing / procurement, Contracting, Negotiations, Supplier management, Cross-functional team leadership, Implementation of standard processes and tools, Cost Modeling, Continuous improvement, Alliance establishment, Executive sales, Customer relationship management, e-Sourcing, Business Unit launch & growth, Project management, Financial analysis, Material management, Spanish.
Shaju Madhavan is professional with significant experience in Corporate Consulting, Corporate Strategy, Business Transformation, Operation Excellence, Technology deployments and Project & Delivery Management across multiple geographies in Asia. He has worked with multinational clients in Automotive, Chemical, Energy, Petrochemicals, Retail, Industrial Equipment, Steel and Consumer Product, Manufacturing and Logistics & Supply Chain verticals in providing Operational and Strategic consulting solutions aimed at improving operational efficiencies and deriving cost savings. He has worked directly & indirectly with top consulting outfits like Highland Group, KPMG, and Barkawi on specific operational & advisory consulting assignments.
He is an expert on discovery & feasibility studies, business process mapping, value chain analysis, frameworks & methodology including change management and business transformation involving people, process, technology and system for managing operations. In addition he had consulted and enabled deployment of large scale extended enterprise applications, EAI, EAM, integration of devices like bar-code, RFID, handheld terminals, GPS systems, mobility etc. aligned with operational excellence assignments. Shaju is an expert in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point and Microsoft Project.